8. Tipping the Scales: Obese Children and Child Safety Seats Reference: Trifiletti LB, Shields W,
Bishai D, et al. Tipping the scales:
obese children and child safety seats. Pediatrics 2006; 117:1197-1202.
9. Lifelong Effects of Childhood Obesity Reference: http://www.time
10. The war against childhood obesity Reference: http://www.childr
1. The childhood obesity epidemic has been called 'the terrorist threat from within.'
Now researchers armed with $500 million are taking aim at this public health disaster. Reference:
2. The Washington Post Announces Special Series "Young Lives at Risk:
Our Overweight Children" Reference:
3. The Price of Childhood Obesity Why the costs could be 'catastrophic' if we don't stop the epidemic now. Reference: http://www.newsweek.com/id/73892
4. Childhood obesity: A glimmer of hope, but a long way to go
5. Prevalence of Overweight Among Children and Adolescents:
United States, 2003-2004 Reference: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/pubs/pubd/hestats/overweight/overwght_child_03.htm
6. F as in Fat: How Obesity Policies are Failing in America, 2007 Reference: http://healthyamericans.org/reports/obesity2007/
7. Promoting Better Health for Young People through Physical Activity and Sports: A Report to the President Reference: http://www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/physicalactivity/promoting_health/